- 5 -6 fresh beets, tops removed
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 inch of water in a steamer basket and bring to a boil.
- Place beets in a colander or steamer basket, cover, and steam for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Cool. Peel and slice.
- Combine the brown sugar, orange peel, and orange juice in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute.
- Stir in the sliced beets and simmer for 5 minutes.