Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an easy recipe for fresh beets. Recipe is from "500 Fat-Free Recipes".
- 5 -6 fresh beets, tops removed
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- Heat 1 inch of water in a steamer basket and bring to a boil.
- Place beets in a colander or steamer basket, cover, and steam for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Cool. Peel and slice.
- Combine the brown sugar, orange peel, and orange juice in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute.
- Stir in the sliced beets and simmer for 5 minutes.
Super simple, super delicious! Increased the zest and sugar amount.
I cooked the beets, sliced in my steamer machine. Then I was too lazy to do zest, so I used only the brown sugar and orange juice. It was great. Thanks Stephanie. Made for Bevy tag.
this is very good, I increased the brown sugar and orange rind for 7 beets, thanks CD for a great beet recipe!...Kitten:)