We love beets...DH doesn't really care for sweet vegies..but I love them!! This is one I throw together..I save 1/2 lb plain for DH...and this is what I do to mine
- Cook the beets until tender in boiling salted water, drain, slip the beet skins off with your fingers.
- Zest and segment the orange, remove the pith and seeds.
- In a small sauce pan heat the apricot preserves and mix in the orange segments with the liqueur, simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Place the beets in a serving dish, smother with sauce and garnish with orange zest.
- This actually is plenty for 2 -- I generally freeze half.