1/2 Photos of Beets in Orange/apricot Sauce
katie in the UP's Note:
We love beets...DH doesn't really care for sweet vegies..but I love them!! This is one I throw together..I save 1/2 lb plain for DH...and this is what I do to mine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the beets until tender in boiling salted water, drain, slip the beet skins off with your fingers.
- 2Zest and segment the orange, remove the pith and seeds.
- 3In a small sauce pan heat the apricot preserves and mix in the orange segments with the liqueur, simmer for a couple of minutes.
- 4Place the beets in a serving dish, smother with sauce and garnish with orange zest.
- 5This actually is plenty for 2 -- I generally freeze half.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beets in Orange/apricot Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.4
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 119.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 44.6 g
- Protein 3.0 g