Recipe by Bergy
Wonderful side dish for a BBQ or picnic.Nice color addition to a buffet
Top Review by Lorac
The sweetness of beets off-set by a Dijon mustard yogurt-sauce with a touch of tarragon. For a quick and easy summer side dish, I used a 15 oz can of cooked sliced beets. I made half the sauce recipe but only needed 1/2 of that for 1 can of beets (believe me the rest of the sauce wil not go to waste). I didn't have tarragon vinegar, and because I was making the sauce ahead of time, I added a pinch of dried tarragon, crushed with my fingers, directly to the sauce. The results - a wonderful flavor combination that is quick and easy to make, and I will make it again!
- 1 lb fresh beet, peeled,boiled until tender and then slicevery thinly
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup lite olive oil or 1⁄4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 cup plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly combine mustard, vinegar, salt,& pepper.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil, pouring in a slow steady stream whisking all the while.
- Stir in the yogurt to finish the dressing.
- Pour the mustard cream over the beets, toss, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.