Recipe by AcadiaTwo
This bread has a lovely festive color from the star ingredient which is beets and is perfect for party sandwiches or for a dinner party or BBQ. It was inspired and created for the RSC #14 cooking contest for the Summer of 2009, but since the original recipe had MAJOR problems I am reworking it and subtracting ingredients that are no longer required to be in it.
Top Review by Rita~
Lovely! Airy high loaf! When in the machine it had a brilliant pink/red color. I wish it kept it after baking. But in the end it was delish. I made a grilled sandwich with the bread using Recipe #441287, sliced thin and left over Recipe #193115. Made a great Autumn grilled sandwich. Each complementing each other. Little did my Dear Hubby know he was eating beets! I used the dried milk for the buttermilk. Perfect light delightful bread! Just wish it kept that beautiful pink color. I did add the minced beets in with the water, and the cranberries I added at the beep. Thanks.
- 59.14 ml beet (drained, canned)
- 326.49 ml water
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml dry buttermilk
- 8.62 ml salt
- 946.36 ml bread flour (unbleached)
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 11.09 ml yeast
- 118.29 ml dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Follow the directions of your bread machine and place ingredients into the bread pan accordingly.
- Select the sweet bread setting and light or medium crust setting.
- Press start.
- When bread is finished baking. Cool on a bakers rack for 30 minutes before slicing.