Recipe by Lady in love :)
Beets are a great tasting veggie that is so overlooked. I love it by itself or in Crock pot stews. This recipe is just simply beets baked and delicious!
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
By jove, this is an excellent recipe. I have boiled, steamed and canned beets but this is the first I have roasted them in this way. I used to cut off the tops and cook them with stews, now I will as you suggest juice them and see the results. Thanks for posting!!
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove tops and tails from beets (add them to your compost heap, or use leaves for juicing).
- Rinse roots well to remove any dirt.
- Place beets in a small, shallow baking dish.
- Cover beets with 1/4 cup of water and juice from 1 Lemon.
- Drizzle olive oil over beets.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in oven for 30 to 45 minutes or until tender.
- Remove baking dish from oven; allow beets to cool.
- Rub beets gently to remove skins. ( I leave skins on in Crock pot recipes).
- Cut into quarters and set aside until ready to serve.