Prep 2 mins
Cook 30 mins
Beets are a great tasting veggie that is so overlooked. I love it by itself or in Crock pot stews. This recipe is just simply beets baked and delicious!
- Remove tops and tails from beets (add them to your compost heap, or use leaves for juicing).
- Rinse roots well to remove any dirt.
- Place beets in a small, shallow baking dish.
- Cover beets with 1/4 cup of water and juice from 1 Lemon.
- Drizzle olive oil over beets.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in oven for 30 to 45 minutes or until tender.
- Remove baking dish from oven; allow beets to cool.
- Rub beets gently to remove skins. ( I leave skins on in Crock pot recipes).
- Cut into quarters and set aside until ready to serve.
By jove, this is an excellent recipe. I have boiled, steamed and canned beets but this is the first I have roasted them in this way. I used to cut off the tops and cook them with stews, now I will as you suggest juice them and see the results. Thanks for posting!!