Lady in love :)'s Note:
Beets are a great tasting veggie that is so overlooked. I love it by itself or in Crock pot stews. This recipe is just simply beets baked and delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove tops and tails from beets (add them to your compost heap, or use leaves for juicing).
- 2Rinse roots well to remove any dirt.
- 3Place beets in a small, shallow baking dish.
- 4Cover beets with 1/4 cup of water and juice from 1 Lemon.
- 5Drizzle olive oil over beets.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Bake in oven for 30 to 45 minutes or until tender.
- 8Remove baking dish from oven; allow beets to cool.
- 9Rub beets gently to remove skins. ( I leave skins on in Crock pot recipes).
- 10Cut into quarters and set aside until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beets Anyone?
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.7
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 39.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: