Recipe by Kiwiwife
This is such a great salad to keep in the fridge to nibble on! I love the combo of flavors.
- 9 beets, scrubbed
- beet leaf, & stems washed and chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- fresh pepper, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam beets for 40-50 minutes.
- In the last 10 minutes, add the greens on top.
- Place greens in bowl. When beets are cool enough to handle, rub off skins and cut into slices, put in bowl.
- Slice red onion thinly, add to bowl.
- Dress salad with oil, vinegar, salt & pepper. Toss well and chill for 4 hours or overnight.