Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love beets and this recipe is interesting as it combines beets and cranberries.
- 2 (13 1/4 ounce) canssliced beets, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate
- In a large saucepan, combine the beets, cranberry sauce and orange juice concentrate.
- Cook and stir over low heat until heated through.
- Serve with a slotted spoon.
This was an excellent side dish. Only change I made was to use jellied cranberry sauce as I don't like biting into the whole berries. Made for Spring PAC 09.
Since I can always find a use for cranberry sauce & OJ concentrate around my kitchen, it was easy enough for me to cut this recipe in half, which I did! Thanks so much for A GREAT WAY TO DRESS UP BEETS, especially for another person who might not care for them as much as I do! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]