Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I just picked some fresh beets from my garden (the kids had planted them) and so I decided to make something they would enjoy.
- 3 -4 garden-fresh beets, peeled
- 1 -2 cup water (enough to cover)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Chop off the roots and stem from the beets and peel.
- Place in saucepan and cover with water.
- Add all other ingredients and simmer for about one hour (or until tender).
- Cool and enjoy. My kids like them diced so I remove from the pan and dice after they have been cooked.
These were great! I actually sliced my beets before cooking, and it cut the cooking time way down! Delicious and easy. Thanks!
I just picked my beets and cooked this this way and it is very tasty!
Although I love beets but don't usually serve them much anymore, this recipe prompts me to want to make them more often now! Really enjoyed this combo & appreciate you sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this fall's Pick-a-Chef]