Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
A swaveory (sweet-savoury) starter. Don't use the beetroots that have been kept in vinegar.
- 600 g cooked baby beets, peeled and trimmed
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 -7 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 150 g Roquefort cheese
- 1 -2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve or quarter the beetroot, depending on the size.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick pan.
- Add the beetroot and sauté for 2-3 minutes, tossing well to coat.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, season and cook 1-2 minutes longer, until reduced right down to a syrupy glaze.
- Transfer to a serving bowl to cool; cover and chill.
- Can be done up to 1 day ahead.
- Remove from fridge 30 minutes before serving.
- Crumble over the Roquefort.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds.