Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Beetroot Vada is a deep fried, mild sweetish South Indian fritter The dhals are soaked for an hour and grinded coarsely with fennel seeds and green chillies. The batter is flattened and deep fried in oil. They will be perfect eve snack and sure you will love the touch of beet in vada. Try this authentic and easy to make recipe of beetroot vada.
- Wash and soak the dhal for 1 hours.
- Drain water completely.
- Grind in a blender with fennel seeds, salt and green chilly.
- Grate beetroot in a grater to very fine pieces.
- Mix everything in a bowl.
- Make it into a small patty.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Drop the patty in hot oil and deep fry to reddish brown.