Beetroot Risotto With Goats' Cheese & Walnuts
- Drain the beetroot juice into a jug and add the vegetable stock to that to make up about 1 litre.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until just softened.
- Add the rice and thyme and stir to coat the rice grains in the butter.
- Add the red wine to the rice and continue cooking until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the stock mixture, a ladleful at a time, stirring to prevent catching and allowing the liquid to be absorbed before adding the next ladleful. Continue for about 20 minutes until the rice is cooked but slightly al dente.
- Dice the beetroot into small cubes, and then add to the risotto, along with two-thirds of the chopped walnuts.
- To serve, crumble the goats' cheese over the beetroot risotto, sprinkle with the remaining walnuts and then garnish with some wild rocket.