Rhiannon and Matt's Note:
A beetroot fanatic? Try this colourful risotto out :) Source: Delicious magazine - April 2003
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain the beetroot juice into a jug and add the vegetable stock to that to make up about 1 litre.
- 2Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until just softened.
- 3Add the rice and thyme and stir to coat the rice grains in the butter.
- 4Add the red wine to the rice and continue cooking until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- 5Add the stock mixture, a ladleful at a time, stirring to prevent catching and allowing the liquid to be absorbed before adding the next ladleful. Continue for about 20 minutes until the rice is cooked but slightly al dente.
- 6Dice the beetroot into small cubes, and then add to the risotto, along with two-thirds of the chopped walnuts.
- 7To serve, crumble the goats' cheese over the beetroot risotto, sprinkle with the remaining walnuts and then garnish with some wild rocket.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beetroot Risotto With Goats' Cheese & Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 613.5
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 41.2 mg
- Sodium 207.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 15.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: