Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a very pretty dish and uses that saddly neglected veggie,I love it.
Make and share this Beetroot Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- olive oil
- 1 lb arborio rice
- 1 lb beetroot, fresh,peeled and grated
- 4 cups vegetable stock (simmering nicely on the stove so its hot when you add the stock)
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch cumin (one of my favourite spices,find it goes well with a lot of veggie dishes)
- freshly ground pepper
- sea salt
- Gently saute onion in olive oil til soft.
- Add rice and fry for about 3 minutes til coated.
- Add beetroot and 1 cup of stock.
- stir until stock is almost absorbed,then add another splash of stock and stir til absorbed again,carry on adding stock and stirring til rice swells and softens and the rissotto is nice and creamy.
- Season to taste with the salt ,pepper and cumin and add the Parmesan if liked.
This recipe is so simple, tastes great and looks stunning. I make it whenever beets are in my veggie box. It also looks very impressive at a dinner party.
We have a weekly organic veg box and we never know what we're going to get until we pick it up. Whenever there's beetroot in it, I make this recipe, excellent. I've made it with basmati rice when I haven't had the proper risotto rice.