Norahs Girl's Note:
This is a very pretty dish and uses that saddly neglected veggie,I love it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- olive oil
- 1 lb arborio rice
- 1 lb beetroot, fresh,peeled and grated
- 4 cups vegetable stock (simmering nicely on the stove so its hot when you add the stock)
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch cumin (one of my favourite spices,find it goes well with a lot of veggie dishes)
- freshly ground pepper
- sea salt
- 1Gently saute onion in olive oil til soft.
- 2Add rice and fry for about 3 minutes til coated.
- 3Add beetroot and 1 cup of stock.
- 4stir until stock is almost absorbed,then add another splash of stock and stir til absorbed again,carry on adding stock and stirring til rice swells and softens and the rissotto is nice and creamy.
- 5Season to taste with the salt ,pepper and cumin and add the Parmesan if liked.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beetroot Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 575.1
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.0 mg
- Sodium 472.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 19.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: