1/1 Photo of Beetroot Relish (2)
Cleaning out my recipe drawer and I came across this very old recipe for relish that I used to make many years ago. This relish keeps so well (about 6 months in a cool dry place) and I remember everyone loved it. I used to serve it with meat (both hot and cold meats). Relish must be refrigerated after opening.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel beetroot and chop roughly. Process both beetroot and onions in batches until very finely chopped.
- 2Combine the beetroot and onion mixture with the sugar, salt, allspice and 1 1/2 cups of the vinegar in a large saucepan, bring mixture to boil, boil, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- 3Blend flour with the remaining vinegar and add to the beetroot mixture, stir over medium heat until the mixture boils and thickens.
- 4Pour into hot sterilized jars and seal when cold.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beetroot Relish (2)
Serving Size: 1 (2455 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.2
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1114.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 44.7 g
- Protein 3.7 g