Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posted for ZWT 6
Make and share this Beetroot Marinaded Salmon recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g coarse salt
- 400 g sugar
- 1 cup dill, finely chopped
- 60 ml gin
- 1⁄2 cup beetroot pickle juice
- 1 kg salmon fillet, skin on & pin boned
- 24 slices rye bread
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup cream, heavy
- Make the marinade by mixing the sugar, salt, dill, beetroot pickle juice, and gin.
- Take a length of clip wrap, long enough to fold back over the salmon. Place cling wrap on a long plate/tray. There will be some liquid at the end of the process so don't use a flat plate.
- Spread 1/2 the marinade on the cling wrap then place the fillet skin side down and cover the fish with the marinade. Fold over the cling wrap and make a neat parcel.
- Cover with a smaller tray or board and weigh down with food cans and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and turn fillet over. Replace the tray and weigh down again. Return to refrigerator for another 12 hours.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together and place in the refrigerator.
- Heat oven to 200°C
- Cut 2 rounds from each slice of bread. Place on baking tray and spray lightly with olive oil. Cover with a piece of baking paper and then weigh down with another tray. Bake in oven for 15mins. Cool completely. These can be stored in air tight container for about 5 days.
- To serve, remove the fillet from the marinade and wipe clean of marinade.
- Take a thin sharp knife thinly slice the salmon. Pop a smear of sauce on the rye crisps and top with some salmon.