Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The dark hazelnut flavours really complement this sweet tangy vegetarian salad.
- 1⁄3 cup beetroot, chunks chopped (canned is fine)
- 50 g hazelnuts
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- lettuce, shredded roughly
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Whisk the honey, oil, vinegar and salt and pepper together with a fork. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Place the beetroot, whole hazelnuts, tomato, onion and lettuce in a bowl. Toss to combine.
- Just before serving, pour over the dressing.