Recipe by Blue Peacock
When we want a quick vegetarian dish in our house, we usually make this. I like to eat this with basmati rice (always my preferred rice), and a cucumber and mint raita.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans beets, roots sliced and julienned
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (hot)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 pinch black pepper
- salt, according
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the liquid from the beet root completely.
- Heat a frying pan until hot and add the oil, add the onions, chili pepper and tumeric powder and fry until soft.
- Add the beet root, and continue to stir. Season with salt and black pepper according to your taste.
- Keep frying until the onion turn a red color from the beet root. You want the beet root to be somewhat dry.
- You may adjust the amount of spice according to your preference.