1/1 Photo of Beetroot Chocolate Cake
1 hr 10 mins
I like using this recipe because it never fails and I can convince myself that is a 'healthy' chocolate cake!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil unpeeled beetroot for 1 hour.
- 2Drain, peel, cool and puree beetroot to make 1½ cups of pureed beetroot.
- 3Preheat the oven to 180°C Lightly oil and flour a 25 cm cake tin.
- 4Place flour, sugar, cocoa, and baking powder in a large bowl, and mix thoroughly.
- 5Add the chopped nuts if using.
- 6In another bowl, mix oil, eggs, and beetroot.
- 7Fold into the dry ingredients with melted chocolate.
- 8Place in cake tin.
- 9Bake 45-55 minutes.
- 10Turn out onto rack and cool.
- 11Served slightly warm with fresh cream makes a delicious dessert.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beetroot Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.9
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 51.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 28.8 g
- Protein 6.8 g