I like using this recipe because it never fails and I can convince myself that is a 'healthy' chocolate cake!
- Boil unpeeled beetroot for 1 hour.
- Drain, peel, cool and puree beetroot to make 1½ cups of pureed beetroot.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C Lightly oil and flour a 25 cm cake tin.
- Place flour, sugar, cocoa, and baking powder in a large bowl, and mix thoroughly.
- Add the chopped nuts if using.
- In another bowl, mix oil, eggs, and beetroot.
- Fold into the dry ingredients with melted chocolate.
- Place in cake tin.
- Bake 45-55 minutes.
- Turn out onto rack and cool.
- Served slightly warm with fresh cream makes a delicious dessert.
yummy....!!!! :) you almost cant taste the beetroot...i made some changes though, i changed the flour with a wholewheat self raising flour, reduced the sugar into 1 cup, but add 25 g more chocolate..
Very rich, dark and delicious cake. The only change I would make is to add a little Allspice or nutmeg next time. There definitely will be a next time as I will hang onto this recipie. Thank you for posting