Recipe by Jewelies
Fabulous served with a Morrocan Meal! It can take up to an hour to cook beetroot.
Top Review by Chef Kate
Such a burst of flavor! I too roasted my beets but otherwise did as directed. I did use less rosewater (one and a half tablespoons emptied my bottle) and found it sufficient. Served this on a combination of bibb lettuce and endive. Very pretty as well as delicious. Thanks, Jewelies!
- 250 g beetroots
- 1 Spanish onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 60 ml walnut oil
- 40 ml lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, lightly roasted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons rose water
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam or boil beetroot until tender.
- Rub skin gently to peel, then cut into small dice size pieces.
- Place in large bowl and add onion and fresh herbs.
- In a separate bowl, combine oils and lemon juice and season.
- Toss beetroot and walnuts in the dressing, sprinkle with rosewater just before serving.