Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Fabulous served with a Morrocan Meal! It can take up to an hour to cook beetroot.
Make and share this Beetroot and Walnut Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Steam or boil beetroot until tender.
- Rub skin gently to peel, then cut into small dice size pieces.
- Place in large bowl and add onion and fresh herbs.
- In a separate bowl, combine oils and lemon juice and season.
- Toss beetroot and walnuts in the dressing, sprinkle with rosewater just before serving.
Such a burst of flavor! I too roasted my beets but otherwise did as directed. I did use less rosewater (one and a half tablespoons emptied my bottle) and found it sufficient. Served this on a combination of bibb lettuce and endive. Very pretty as well as delicious. Thanks, Jewelies!
This is a yummy salad, which goes really well with spicy food. I made it as directed in the recipe except that I roasted the beetroot, because I like the flavour better that way, and I only used half the amount of rosewater in the dressing. Thanks Jewelies!