Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from a Woolworth's Fresh magazine and came from a segment on entertaining on a budget
Make and share this Beetroot and Walnut Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 450 g of drained beetroots
- 1 cup walnuts, other nuts would be ok
- 3 -4 tablespoons thick natural yoghurt
- 1 -2 tablespoon dukkah, spice blend or 1 -2 tablespoon seasoning, of your choice
- Process nuts till fine.
- Add beetroot and process with nuts.
- Add yoghurt and spice blend.
- Blend till smooth
- Serve with pita crisps.
First of all I serached what dukkah is. It's a mix of spices which contain sesame, cumin, coriander and other ingredients.
For this reason I deced to use this spices and blend it together with the walnuts.
I used boiled beetroots and Turkish yogurt. I added some salt as well.
For decoration I saliced one beetroot, added one teaspoon of yogurt and topped with the three mentioned spiced.
Was really easy to prepare and soooo delicious! Thanks a lot for this recipe!
Lovely! I made this with cashews and fresh boiled betroot. It's really good.
Very tasty. I used fresh beetroots instead of canned, which i boiled, and hence added salt when processing. I added a bit of cumin powder and my guests loved it.