Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Main vegetarian or vegan dish.
- 4 beets, peeled and sliced
- 1 purple onion, sliced
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into segments
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan filled with an inch of water place the beetroot,onion and garlic and steam until tender.
- Remove from the steamer or saucepan and arrange on a serving place. Squeeze over the lemon juice and add the olive oil and a pinch of sea salt.
- Garnish with the orange segments and chopped fresh coriander.
- Sprinkle with cayenne and serve.