Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Side dish for fellow beet lovers everywhere. Perfect with simply cooked poultry.
- 2 medium beetroots
- dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon marsala wine or 1 tablespoon port wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Cover the cranberries with the wine in a small bowl, squish them around and set aside.
- Boil beets for 15-20 minutes until tender and the skins rub off easily.
- Process the beets until they are tiny red shreds (or grate if you are unfortunate enough not to own a processor).
- Bring a saucepan up to medium heat and add the butter(if you have any meat juices I add them to the pan also.).
- Throw the cranberries and wine into the pan with the shards of beetroot.
- Add a splash of balsamic and season to taste. I have added dried rosemary and/or thyme to the pan as well and this always works well.
- Stir until well mixed and heated through.
Completely deilicous. I used I think about 1/4 cup of mixed dried berries and enough tawny port to cover. For the life of me I could not find the grater and did not feel like using the FP for just two beets, so I just julliened the beets. Added some roast chicken juices. This is really just two servings for beet lovers and I think I could eat the whole dish myself!