Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
We don't just eat our beetroot on our hamburgers, we dip into it too.
- 450 g beetroots, stalks trimmed (3 medium)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
- extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- Preheat your oven to 200c.
- Scrub the beetroot well, dry then wrap in aluminum foil.
- Roast for about 1 hour or until tender.
- Peel the beetroot (the skin should slip off easily) and place in a food processor along with all the other ingredients bar the oil.
- Process to a fine mix.
- With the motor running, add the oil slowly until the mixture forms a thick puree.
Easy, had everything on hand and DELICIOUS!!!! Even Mark likes beetroot now :-)
I found this recipe very easy to follow & turned out well. Not too sure about the cumin flavour on my tastebuds, but very good.