Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This soup freezes wonderfully for upto 3 months. It's also great with a handful of mixed seeds stirred in.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 400 g beetroots, peeled and diced
- 800 ml vegetable stock
- 400 g butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons yoghurt (optional)
- Heat oil and soften the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add beetroot and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add stock and bring to boil. Simmer for 40 minutes until tender.
- Add beans, orange juice and zest and cook for 10 minutes.
- Blend until smooth and add the lemon juice.
- Serve with the yoghurt swirled in (if using).