Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A recipe from Ricardo.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 lbs beets, peeled and sliced
- 4 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- sour cream plain yogurt
- chopped fresh chives
- olive oil
- In a saucepan, soften the onion and garlic in the butter. Add the ginger and beets. Cook for 1 minute. Add the broth, cover and simmer for about 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper.
- Set 1/2 cup of cooked beets aside. Cut into cubes and set aside. In a blender, puree the soup until smooth. Adjust the seasoning. Add the diced beet to the soup. Cool and freeze at this step.
- Just before serving, reheat the soup and garnish with sour cream, chives and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Tips: Freezes well.
I made this to keep in the fridge for DD as our schedules are completely opposite right now. She loved it! She's even had some for breakfast, lol. Thanks for sharing.