Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My gf gave me this recipe - it's delicious!! I translated from French... hope it makes sense!! ;) The recipe asked for 1 potato but she replaces it with 3 carrots!! You can serve it cold (which she prefers) or hot (which I prefer). She also suggests to serve it with a piece of goat cheese (mmmm!). I used Baked Beets to bake my beets - so easy that way!! :) I wouldn't add sugar next time - I guess it depends how sweet the beets are!!
- 10 cooked beets, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 onion
- 1 celery rib
- 3 carrots
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- chicken bouillon or water
- Cut the vegetables in small pieces.
- Melt butter in large saucepan. Add onion, celery and carrots (or potato) and sauté a few minutes.
- Add sugar and vinegar. Mix and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the diced beets.
- Add water or chicken bouillon until the liquid reaches over the vegetables (if you want a thicker soup, don't add too much liquid - if you want a lighter soup, add more!).
- Add salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Process the soup in a blender or food processor.
Delicious! I used potatoes rather than carrots, used part broth and part water, and halved the amount of sugar. The beets were baked as the author suggested. So easy. I also didn't puree it as I like my beets to be chunky.