Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Cooking time includes marinating time in this recipe. A Moroccan dish which works well with many mains and well as a salad. A tasty variation is to add 1 teaspoon orange flower water, 1/8 teaspoon cumin, a pinch of paprika, and a little water to the sauce.
- 1 lb beet
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the beets well, being careful not to break their skins.
- Cut off the tops, leaving a stalk of about 1 1/2 inches.
- Boil, covered, until tender.
- Allow the water to cool, then slip off the skins, trim off the tops, and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and pour over beets.
- Let marinate 1 hour before serving.