Feast Your Eyes!'s Note:
Uncooked beets have a texture that is very similar to that of raw carrots. This is an easy and delicious salad that takes very little time. Grated fresh beets are tossed with walnuts and a simple vinaigrette, and arranged on a plate of tender salad greens. The bleu cheese pairs nicely with the beets. For a main dish salad, add chicken. Give it a try, you're sure to agree that THE 'BEET' GOES ON!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 lb fresh beet
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon peel, grated
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 1 head Belgian endive
- 1 head boston lettuce
- 2 ounces blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1Peel and grate the beets. Place in a medium bowl and set aside.
- 2Place the walnuts in a skillet over medium-low heat. Heat until warm and starting to toast (BE CAREFUL NOT TO BURN). Set aside.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, lemon juice and grated lemon peel until the salt dissolves. Add the oil and continue whisking. Toss beets with 3/4 of the vinaigrette and walnuts; refrigerate for 30 minutes or so.
- 4Meanwhile, rinse endive and tear off whole leaves; pat dry with paper towels. Arrange three (3) leaves on each plate. Wash lettuce and pat dry; tear into bite-size pieces.
- 5When ready to serve, add lettuce to the remaining vinaigrette; toss well. (DO NOT OVER-DRESS OR LEAVES WILL GET SOGGY.) Divide dressed lettuce and arrange on endive leaves. Top with grated beets, remaining walnuts, bleu cheese and parsley.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beet Salad With Walnut Dressing & Crumbled Bleu Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.0
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.6 mg
- Sodium 765.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 7.6 g