Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A wonderful and quick beeet salad. The two vinegars blended together give it an interesting twist in flavor. Recipe came from geocities.com. Cook time is actually chill time.
- 2 (13 1/4 ounce) canssliced small beets, drained
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (optional)
- Place beets and onion in a large bowl.
- In a cup, combine oil, raspberry vinegar, balsamic vinegar, and garlic.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Whisk to combine.
- Pour over the beet mixture and toss well.
- Sprinkle with the chives (if using).
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or up to 3 days.
This was delicious! I had left-over beets that I had cooked so I used them. I made extra dressing and omitted the sweet onion since I didn't have one. I marinated the beets for several hours. I picked some mixed greens from the garden and tossed the beets and extra dressing with the greens. It looked lovely-a nice red dressing on the greens, and it tasted delicious. It is interesting how you would get the raspberry taste first, followed by the beet flavour! Thank you, Tweeky!
I so loved this! I roasted fresh beets from the farmer's market, and sliced them when they cooled off. I used balsamic vinegar and a tsp. of sugar, because I didn't have any raspberry vinegar. My mother was visiting, and said it reminded her of the salad my grandmother used to make; it was just great and we almost OD'd on it!!
I loved this. I boiled a mixture of golden and red beets the night before and had them chilled in the fridge so it was easy to throw together for dinner. I already had a raspberry vinaigrette on hand as well (which I had made with a combo of balsamic and raspberry vinegars) so I used that. I topped mine off with walnuts too. YUM! Delish way to start a meal. I will likely have another portion for lunch and will post a photo for you.