Recipe by Judith N.
A wonderful and quick beeet salad. The two vinegars blended together give it an interesting twist in flavor. Recipe came from geocities.com. Cook time is actually chill time.
Top Review by Paja
This was delicious! I had left-over beets that I had cooked so I used them. I made extra dressing and omitted the sweet onion since I didn't have one. I marinated the beets for several hours. I picked some mixed greens from the garden and tossed the beets and extra dressing with the greens. It looked lovely-a nice red dressing on the greens, and it tasted delicious. It is interesting how you would get the raspberry taste first, followed by the beet flavour! Thank you, Tweeky!
- 2 (13 1/4 ounce) canssliced small beets, drained
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beets and onion in a large bowl.
- In a cup, combine oil, raspberry vinegar, balsamic vinegar, and garlic.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Whisk to combine.
- Pour over the beet mixture and toss well.
- Sprinkle with the chives (if using).
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or up to 3 days.