Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
This recipe is from the Sept. 16, 2008 edition of the "Living" section of our local newspaper, "The Democrat & Chronicle". DH and I were blessed with an abundance of beets in our vegetable garden this year and have been searching for different ways to use them. I thought this recipe sounded interesting. I have not made this yet but have plans for the near future.
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 beets, medium, peeled, shredded
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons pistachios
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together orange juice, vinegar, honey and olive oil until well blended.
- Place beets through the shredding disc of a food processor, then toss with half the dressing mixture.
- Toss romaine lettuce with remaining dressing and divide among four salad plates.
- Top each plate with beets and sprinkle with pistachios and feta cheese.