1/1 Photo of Beet Salad With Lemon, Cilantro and Mint
Chef Kate's Note:
Ann Yonkers is co-director of the FRESHFARM Markets, the organic farm markets in Washington, DC and Maryland.. She and her husband Charlie Yonkers own Pot Pie Farm, in Wittman, MD. This lovely salad is as pretty as it is delicious. You can use all red, all golden or variously colored beets. Time does not include the roasting of the beets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 680.38 g beets, roasted and peeled
- 1 lemon
- 29.58 ml red onions, finely diced
- 29.58 ml parsley, chopped
- 29.58 ml cilantro, chopped
- 14.79 ml mint, chopped
- 2.46 ml ground coriander
- salt and pepper
- 88.74 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 709.77-946.36 ml salad greens (such as spinach, frisee and or or red leaf lettuce)
- 59.14 ml oil-cured black olive
- 1Cut the beets into quarters or sixths.
- 2Finely grate the lemon zest and squeeze 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Whisk together the lemon zest and juice, onion, herbs, coriander, 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper to taste and the oil in a small bowl.
- 3Taste the dressing on a beet and correct the seasonings if needed.
- 4Toss the beets with enough dressing to coat lightly.
- 5Toss the greens with the remaining dressing and arrange them on salad plates.
- 6Add the beets and olives and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beet Salad With Lemon, Cilantro and Mint
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.1
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 210.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 4.0 g