1/3 Photos of Beet Salad With Goat Cheese and Walnuts
Combine the strong flavors of beets and goat cheese for a delicious and different salad. Boost the rich flavor of the nuts by toasting them in the oven until golden.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 1/4 ounces can tiny whole beets, chilled
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons vinaigrette dressing (bottled reduced-fat or fat-free balsamic)
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 ounce semi-soft goat cheese, crumbled (chevre)
- 1Drain and cut up beets.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine cut-up beets, basil, and pepper.
- 3Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the salad dressing; toss to coat.
- 4Arrange greens on 2 salad plates; sprinkle with remaining dressing.
- 5Top with beet mixture, walnuts, and goat cheese.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beet Salad With Goat Cheese and Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.9
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.2 mg
- Sodium 164.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed baby greens