Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Combine the strong flavors of beets and goat cheese for a delicious and different salad. Boost the rich flavor of the nuts by toasting them in the oven until golden.
- 8 1⁄4 ounces can tiny whole beets, chilled
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons vinaigrette dressing (bottled reduced-fat or fat-free balsamic)
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 ounce semi-soft goat cheese, crumbled (chevre)
- Drain and cut up beets.
- In a medium bowl, combine cut-up beets, basil, and pepper.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the salad dressing; toss to coat.
- Arrange greens on 2 salad plates; sprinkle with remaining dressing.
- Top with beet mixture, walnuts, and goat cheese.
Followed the recipe loosely and really ejoyed the salad. Thanks Annacia!
I loved this beet salad. My favourite flavour was the fresh basil from my garden. I didn't really measure the walnuts so I probably used a bit more than 2 tbsp. Thanks for a delicious lunch. Made for Ramadan tag.
I have made the beet/cheese/nut salad many times before, but this really stands out because of the fresh basil. YUM! I used fresh roasted beets butr otherwise followed the recipe to a T. Thanks!! Made for PRMR tag.