- 8 1⁄4 ounces can tiny whole beets, chilled
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons vinaigrette dressing (bottled reduced-fat or fat-free balsamic)
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 ounce semi-soft goat cheese, crumbled (chevre)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and cut up beets.
- In a medium bowl, combine cut-up beets, basil, and pepper.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the salad dressing; toss to coat.
- Arrange greens on 2 salad plates; sprinkle with remaining dressing.
- Top with beet mixture, walnuts, and goat cheese.