Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This lettuce-free salad combined cooked beets with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, chopped mint and a bit of chevre. Adapted from a recipe by Kerry Saretsky at Serious Eats. http://bit.ly/jchz9p
- 8 ounces beets, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 6 leaves mint, cut in chiffonade
- Grate the beets in a food processor or on a box grater. Squeeze to remove most of the liquid.
- Combine dry beet shreds with oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Top with goat cheese and mint.