Recipe by IamEarnie
This recipe comes from the Lion House Restaurant in our city. The dressing is different but really good. The salad is also very good without the dressing.
- 1 cup cooked beet, diced or shoestring
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin or 1 (3 ounce) package cherry gelatin or 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry gelatin powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water or 1 cup beet juice, or combination
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
Dressing for Beet Salad
- 2⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced very thin
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain beets, measuring liquid; Add water to make 1 cup.
- Dissolve gelatin and salt in boiling liquid.
- Add 4 ice cubes and stir until ice is melted.
- Chill until thickened.
- Add beets and crushed pineapple.
- Chill until set.
- Fold vegetables into sour cream.
- Let stand to develop flavors.
- Serve about 1 tablespoon of dressing on each salad.