From deliciousliving magazine. For a beautiful presentation, try to locate mixed colors of beets (red, white, rainbow, golden for example.) To avoid the red beets from "bleeding" onto the other vegetables, keep separate until you are ready to compose the salad. A sprinkle of toasted nuts (pistachios, walnuts?) would be a delicious addition and freshly cracked black pepper was a nice final touch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim beets, leaving an inch of the tails and stems, and then steam whole over boiling water until tender when pierced with a fork, but not too soft; you want some texture. (A medium-size beet, 3–4 ounces, takes about 25 minutes.).
- 2When done, cool, and then slip off skins. Cut beets into wedges or large dice, keeping different colors (if using) separate to avoid staining.
- 3Pound garlic in a mortar with ¼ teaspoon salt until smooth; then stir in lemon juice and olive oil, plus freshly ground pepper to taste.
- 4Toss each kind of beet in enough dressing to coat lightly. If any dressing remains, toss with arugula greens. Arrange greens on platter, and then beets.
- 5Crumble goat cheese on and around beets; then add avocado slices. (Tip: after slicing the avocado, I lightly drizzle lemon juice on it to avoid browning.).
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beet Salad With Avocado, Arugula, and Goat Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.8
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 7.4 mg
- Sodium 235.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: