Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
We ended up with a bunch of beets from our CSA and I combined features from a couple of recipes to come up with this one. Crumbled bacon and chopped walnuts are possible additions. Preparation time includes time to roast beets.
- 4 beets, roasted and chopped
- 1 granny smith apple, chopped
- 1 clementines or 1 mandarin orange, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Roast unpeeled beets in a covered casserole at 400F for one hour.
- Let beets cool, remove skins and chop.
- In a medium bowl combine chopped beets, apple, orange and feta cheese.
- Whisk remaining ingredients together in a small bowl and add to salad.