Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
You can make the salad up to 1 day ahead; cover and chill. Before serving, taste and add more rice vinegar if desired. Serve with cocktail rye or crackers. This was on aol.com/food/recipefinder.
- Place beets in an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Add 1/2 inch water.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake in 375F regular or convection oven until beets are just tender when pierced, 45-60 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, peel and cut into matchstick-size strips. (If you have a mandoline or a slicer, use the julienne attachment to cut the beets into slender even matchsticks.
- In a bowl, combine beets and 1/3 cup sour cream and mix gently to coat. If you want your salad more moist, stir in a little more sour cream.
- Stir in dill and salt, pepper and vinegar to taste.
- Cool or serve at once.