Recipe by Sue Lau
Tastes best when chilled overnight. Goes great as a side with Swedish meatballs or salmon.
Top Review by kathrynwhitcomb
I had beets galore from my garden and wanted to use them over the holidays in a different way. Your recipe was a hit...none got thrown away! I made it as written, Thanks.
- 3 cups chopped cooked beets
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2-1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 eggs, hard-cooked and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beets, celery, onion, chopped egg, and pickle in a mixing bowl.
- Stir together celery seed, salt, pepper, vinegar, oil and sugar until blended and sugar dissolves.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and stir to mix.
- Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight before serving.