- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups beets, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute 3 minutes.
- Add rice, ginger, and rosemary; saute 1 minute. Add wine; cook 3 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly.
- Add beets, water, salt, and broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until beets are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add cheese, stirring until blended.
- Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon walnuts.