1/1 Photo of Beet Risotto With Goat Cheese and Walnuts
This is a beautiful ruby colored dish. Creamy, tart and crunchy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups beets, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 1Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute 3 minutes.
- 2Add rice, ginger, and rosemary; saute 1 minute. Add wine; cook 3 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly.
- 3Add beets, water, salt, and broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until beets are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add cheese, stirring until blended.
- 5Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon walnuts.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beet Risotto With Goat Cheese and Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.6
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 247.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: