1/1 Photo of Beet Risotto
MA HIKER's Note:
I love beets and am always looking for other ways to cook them - this is from Rachel Ray - she suggests garnishing this with crumbled ricotta-salata cheese (or feta)and roasted asparagus. I am a purist and served it plain to enjoy the beet flavor. I also used 5 small beets instead of the large. (this might be nice garnished with a few toasted walnuts & a bit of crumbled blue cheese if you want to add some other flavors)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- 2In a medium pot, warm the broth over medium heat.
- 3In a large skillet or medium dutch oven, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat.
- 4Stir in the rice to coat with the oil, toast for 2 minutes.
- 5Add the beets, onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 6Pour in the wine and cook until absorbed into the rice, then begin adding broth a couple of ladles at a time, stirring with each addition, until the rice is cooked, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 7While the risotto is cooking, you can roast 1 pound trimmed asparagus (cut on diagonal into 1 inch pieces) with tossed with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper in a 425 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- 8Serve shallow bowls of beet risotto - garnish with feta & asparagus if desired.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beet Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (540 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.6
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1179.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 13.0 g