Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I loved this relish -- the WW recipe it was with was so-so, but I thought this relish was wonderful and so easy too! Recipe source: Slow Cook It (WW cookbook)
- 1 lb beet, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped (I used dried dill ( didn't measure but about 1 teaspoon)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Bring beet and enough water to cover beet to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer for 45-50 minutes (I boiled mine for closer to 30 minutes). Drain and let cool and then slip skins off of beets and chop in big pieces -- remember to let the food processor do the work!
- Put beets with the remainder of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to one week.
This is the best with roast beef and so good on sandwiches the next day! I didn't really measure my dill very well and just made a small batch to try as I used to make something similar but lost the recipe. Thanks! Made for ZWT
This was really good spooned on freshly baked bread. We served it as a condiment for several meals. I've been on a beet kick lately. Thanks for posting. Reviewed for Veg Tag October.
A classic combination of flavours and in a very easy recipe. I made mine even easier by buying precooked vacuum sealed beets. So, all I had to do was throw everything into the processor and give it a whizz. It worked well topped on faux beef veggie burgers. Made for vegetarian/vegan swap.