Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
When I saw this in a food magazine I rememberd that I have the recipe in an old cookbook. Looked it up and yes, there were stains from the beetroot! In those days (when the cookbook was written) balsamic vinegar was not even heard of and plain vinegar was used. Decided to make it again and this time with the suggested balsamic vinegar. It was even better than I remembered. This relish goes very well with cold meat and also with boiled fish or just plain on a burger.
- 3 large beets, cooked
- 3 tablespoons horseradish, freshly grated
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Grate the beets coarsely.
- Mix beets with horseradish, sugar and balsamic vinegar.
- Mix gently until the sugar has dissolved.
- Keep refrigerated.