Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I make this every year and I am not a beet lover. This is from an old All About Pickling book. This is tasty with anything.
- 4 cups coarsely ground raw beets
- 6 cups coarsely ground cabbage
- 2 cups coarsely ground onions
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups white vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in a large kettle.
- Bring to boil. Cook until thick, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pack into hot jars.
- Seal and process in boiling water for 20 minute.