Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious, Delicious,Delicious!! An enjoyable pasta dish made for fresh beet pasta - Look for this recipe for beet pasta in the Fresh Carrot Dough Recipe, It had variations, and beet pasta dough is one of them -
FOR THE FILLING
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese, drained 30 minutes
- 3⁄4 cup goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbps. finely chopped of fresh mint, plus small sprigs for garnish
- coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper
FOR THE RAVIOLI
- fresh beet pasta dough
- semolina or fine cornmeal, for dusting
- 3 tablespoons coarse salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- MAKE THE FILLING:.
- stir together cheeses and herbs; season with salt and pepper.
- MAKE THE RAVIOLI:.
- Dust a baking sheet with semolina or cornmeal. Work with each sheet of dough just after it's been rolled, cut sheet in half crosswise, and trim each half to a 3-inch wide strip. Space Tablespoons of filling 3 1/2 inchs apart along center of one strip. Top with remaining strip, and gently press around filling to seal, working from center out. Using a fluted pastry cutter, cut into 3-inch squares. Transfer ravioli to sheet, and lightly dust ravioli with semolina, and refrigerate between layers of parchment in an airtight container for up to 4 hours. Alternatively, freeze ravioli in a single layer on a baking sheet, about 15 minutes, and then pack as described above, freeze for up to 1 month, Do not thaw before cooking.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add salt and half of the ravioli. Cook, sturring occasionaly to separate, until edges are just tender, about 4 minutes. using a slotted spoon, transfer to a colander to drain, Drizzle with oil, and toss gently to coat. Transfer to a bowl, and loosely cover to keep warm, Repeat with remaining ravioli.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, Cook until butter is dark golden brown and has a nutty aroma, about 4 minutes.
- Divide ravioli among plates, if first batch has cooled, return them to hot water for 15 seconds, then drain, spoon butter over ravioli,. Serve immediately. Garnish with mint.