Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Using beet in this recipe makes and unusual but tasty change from the usual cucumber.
- 1 raw beet, about 3 . 5oz, peeled and finely diced
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 10 curry leaves
- Mix together the beet, yougurt, pepper and some salt to taste.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan - it helps to angle the pan so the oil collects at the bottom.
- Add the mustard seeds and as they start to pop, add the sesame seeds and curry leaves.
- Cook until the seeds are coloring then pour into the raita.
- Serve now or chill until later.