Recipe by rsnelling42
Another delicious recipe from my CSA (adapted from a Mark Bittman recipe)! I imagine you could experiment with other root vegetables quite easily. These were so good, I hope to get more beets this week!
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim beets and peel.
- Grate beets in food processor (or by hand).
- Toss grated beets with salt. Then add half the flour and toss well. Then add the rest of the flour and toss again.
- Place half of butter in skillet, melt until slightly brown. Add beet mixture and shape in flat circle.
- Turn heat to medium high and cook, shaking pan occasionally, until bottom is crisp (6-8 minutes).
- Slide onto plate, top with another plate, invert, add butter to pan and slide pancake back into pan until second side is browned (4-6 min).
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.