Another delicious recipe from my CSA (adapted from a Mark Bittman recipe)! I imagine you could experiment with other root vegetables quite easily. These were so good, I hope to get more beets this week!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim beets and peel.
- 2Grate beets in food processor (or by hand).
- 3Toss grated beets with salt. Then add half the flour and toss well. Then add the rest of the flour and toss again.
- 4Place half of butter in skillet, melt until slightly brown. Add beet mixture and shape in flat circle.
- 5Turn heat to medium high and cook, shaking pan occasionally, until bottom is crisp (6-8 minutes).
- 6Slide onto plate, top with another plate, invert, add butter to pan and slide pancake back into pan until second side is browned (4-6 min).
- 7Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beet Pancake
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.6
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 1321.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g